Monday, December 27, 2010

How about a little post-holiday pampering?

One of my very best friends is the Spa Manager at the new Blue Sapphire Spa at Danford's in Port Jefferson, NY. When she asked me to come and take photos of the spa, I was a little nervous, I've never done any type of property photography, so I battled with how I was going to handle photographing the location. In the end, I decided I would photograph it how I saw it, and try to capture the ambiance and feel of the spa, and not concern myself too much with trying to be the real estate photographer that I'm not.

Upon first glance, the Blue Sapphire is nestled in the quaint town of Port Jeff, it has the look and feel more so of a bed and breakfast than a spa. It's decor is opulent, and I love that it's cozy and richly designed, unlike many of the larger spas today.

Here are some of my favorites from the shoot, and I'm ready for some post-holiday pampering! Enjoy!






































Pedicure area






















After many years of working in retail at MAC Cosmetics, I can appreciate a schematized and neat display, because it never stays that way!










































































































































Lounger in the Relaxation Room






















Product Display in one of the Treatment Rooms















Treatment Room
















Couples Treatment room, I love that they used such a bold color for this room!
















Yes, even the sink in the Ruby Room was cool




















Window decal on the back entrance















Some photos of the wonderful staff for their bio pages::







1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! Love them all, even mine and that is a huge compliment to you! Thanks for the hard work and great photos!

    ReplyDelete